This June Astana is turning into one of the world’s largest venues. EXPO 2017 kicked off June 10 opening the season of amazing concerts and performances in the Kazakh capital.
The Astana Opera House and Astana Ballet Theatre have announced an extensive program of world famous performances that include:
- “Abai,” the Kazakh opera created by composers Akhmet Zhubanov and Latif Khamidi, will be staged June 11.
- “Manon,” a dramatic ballet from the repertoire of London’s Royal Opera House, will be performed June 17.
- “A Night Serenade”, a concert of chamber and instrumental music dedicated to the 220th birth anniversary of Austrian composer Franz Schubert, will be held June 21.
- “Kyz Zhibek,” the Kazakh masterpiece, will be staged June 22.
- “Verdi reads Verdi,” a magnificent show with the participation of outstanding Italian playwright, actor and filmmaker Massimiliano Finazzer Flory will be staged June 23.
- Ludwig Minkus’ ballet “Don Quixote” will be held June 25.
Source: Astana Times